Eid is all about food coma and we can’t wait to get the most out of these fun times! Since Eid day is a very busy one, one can’t waste it stressing over what to cook for the guests coming over. With all the scrumptious dishes, sweet dish on Eid is mandatory! The festive occasion definitely asks for meetha therefore, there must be several sweet dishes in mind to get sorted on Eid day. Don’t worry, we have got you sorted with a list of easy-to-make sweet dishes at home and are as delicious as they can get. Make your guests a fan of your cooking with these easy-to-cook sweet dishes for Eid. Here are a few recipes that you can try easily at home on Eid day!
Gulab Jamun are everyone’s favorite and there is no doubt about that! No matter how old they get, they are still the most wanted sweet dish on Eid that everyone loves to eat. They may seem very complex to make but in real, it is very simple. Try out these amazing steps and get them right in the first try.
For Sheera (Sugar syrup):
- In saucepan, add water, sugar, cardamom and cook until sugar is dissolved.
For Gulab Jamun:
- In bowl, add dry milk powder, all-purpose flour, baking powder, cardamom seeds and mix well.
- Add ghee and mix until crumbled.
- Add milk and mix well, cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Wet your hands with water and knead until smooth dough.
- Now makes 10-12 small smooth balls of same size, make sure they have no cracks.
- In wok, heat ghee and fry on low flame while stirring gently.
- Make sure ghee is not very hot otherwise Gulab jamun will not cook well from inside or will burn.
- When Gulab jamuns becomes golden, add them directly to the hot sugar syrup and leave it for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with pistachio and serve.
Who said Eid is only for gulab jamun and kheer? Try these homemade mousse shots with the perfect recipe in hand and let everyone lick their fingers in the end!
- In a bowl, add whipped cream and beat until soft peaks appear and gets double in quantity.
- Now in another bowl add egg, sugar, lemon juice, 7up and mix them well.
- On a double boiler, mix the mixture until it dissolved properly keep on whisking so that there could be no lumps for about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Now take it off and cool it down on the room temperature.
- Add cream cheese, vanilla essence and whipped cream and give it a nice fold and keep it in refrigerator for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Now in a blender, blend the digestive biscuits, melted butter and set aside.
- Take shot glasses layer with crushed biscuits, add lemon mousse mixture and top up with strawberry chunks.
- Garnish them with lemon slices, mint leaves and make flower using whipped cream.
- Make some more shot glasses without crushed biscuit in bottom and do the same toppings.
- Preparation time: 10-15 minutes Cooking time: 25-30 minutes
- Serving: 4-5
Ever heard of strawberry kulfi? Here’s an easy way to make it and surprise all your guests with this unique sweet dish, this Eid. Not only is this sweet dish unique but it is also delicious which will definitely make us ask for one more.
- In a saucepan, add strawberries, sugar, water & mix well.
- Turn on the flame & cook on low flame for 4-5 minutes then strain well with the help of strainer & set aside.
- In a wok, add milk & bring it to boil.
- Add sugar, mix well & cook until sugar is dissolved.
- Add bread slices, mix well & cook on low flame for 10-12 minutes or until it thickens & mix continuously.
- Remove from heat, add pureed strawberry & whisk well.
- Add strawberry essence, red food color & whisk well.
- Let it cool completely.
- Pour kulfi mixture in kulfi molds, cover with aluminum foil, insert kulfi sticks & freeze for 8 hours or overnight in freezer (makes 11-12)
Add a contemporary touch to your Eid desserts menu to satisfy the sweet tooth! This easy-to-make Banoffee pie recipe is the best thing to try this Eid.
- In a chopper, add biscuits, and butter, and mix until well combined.
- Set it in the mold and refrigerate for 30 to 40 minutes or until completely set.
- In a pan heat butter, add brown sugar, and mix it very well.
- Then add condensed milk and cook for 5 to 10 minutes until you reach its desired consistency.
- When biscuits are set first layer them with banoffee sauce, and top it with bananas and whipping cream.
- Garnish it with chocolate curls, chill and serve.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 3-4
Baisan Ke Laddu
The scrumptious sweet dish is the best one for all festive occasions, especially Eid. Treat your valuable guests with these homemade besan ke laddu that they will absolutely love!
- In wok, add sugar and water, mix and cook on a medium flame for 2-3 minutes & keep mixing in between.
- Add ghee, mix continuously and cook for a minute then move it to a cool surface and keep stirring until cools down. Boora is ready!
- In wok, add ghee & let it melt.
- Add gram flour, mix continuously and cook on medium-low flame for 6-8 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add ghee and mix well.
- Add yellow food color, mix continuously and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Sprinkle water, mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Move it to a cool surface and mix continuously until cools down to room temperature.
- Add cardamom powder, almonds, pistachios, dried melon seeds and mix well.
- Now add prepared boora and mix until well combined.
- Take a mixture and make laddu of equal sizes (makes 12).
- Garnish & serve!
Shahi Tukray Lasagne
The best sweet dish for Eid is Shahi Tukray which everyone is looking forward to! We can safely say, Eid is incomplete without Shahi Tukray, so make the best Shahi Tukray with the best recipe!
Prepare Milk Syrup:
- In a saucepan, add milk, green cardamom powder, kewra water, sugar and mix well, bring it to boil and cook on low flame for 8-10 minutes.
- In a bowl, add cornflour, and water and whisk well.
- Now add dissolve corn flour, mix well and cook until milk syrup is thick & set aside.
Prepare Khoya & Nuts Layer:
- In a wok, add ghee and let it melt.
- Add khoya and mix well.
- Add condensed milk, cream, almonds, pistachios, mix well and cook for a minute & set aside.
Prepare Bread for Frying:
- In a frying pan, heat cooking oil and fry bread slices from both sides until golden.
- In a serving dish,
- Add prepared milk syrup, bread, prepared milk syrup, prepared khoya & nuts layer, bread, prepared milk syrup, prepared khoya & nuts layer, bread & prepared milk syrup.
- Garnish with pistachios and almonds.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours & serve
One of the most favorite sweet dishes of all is the rice kheer which is regularly made on Eid. Here is one of the easiest recipes of rice kheer to satisfy all the meethi cravings on Eid day.
For Kheer mix:
- In a grinder separately grind rice, sugar, and almonds and set them aside.
- Now in a bowl add ground rice, sugar, almonds, and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Store in an air-tight jar and save for 1-2 months.
For Kheer Preparation:
- In a pot add milk and bring it to boil.
- Add kheer mix and stir & cook on low flame for 20-25 minutes.
- Now add condensed milk and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish it with almonds, pistachios, and silver leaf, and serve.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 5-6
View this post on Instagram
Custard Saviyan Recipe
Another sweet dish that everyone loves to eat is Saviyan (vermicille). This custard recipe is definitely going to become everyone’s favorite when you make it the best way.
- In pot, add milk and bring it to boil.
- Add vermicelli and cook for 6-8 minutes.
- Add sugar, mix well and cook until sugar is dissolved.
- Add almonds and mix well.
- In custard powder, add milk and mix well.
- Now add dissolve custard, mix continuously and cook until it thickens.
- In serving dish, add custard vermicelli and garnish with gulab jaman and almonds.
- Chill & serve!
Last but not the least, there should be something for the kids as well who are fond of meetha even more than the adults! Donuts are every kid’s favorite so make these delicious chocolate donuts for Eid to satisfy the kids’ sweet cravings.
- In a bowl add flour, yeast, sugar, butter, egg, oil, and mix well.
- Gradually add water and knead a smooth dough.
- Grease it will oil and let it rest for 30-35 minutes or until double in size near a warm place.
- Take the dough and knead it again for 2-3 minutes. Now divide it into 8 equal parts. Lightly flatten the dough, make a hole in the center and give it a donut shape.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes before frying.
- Heat oil on a frying pan and fry the donuts on medium-low flame until light golden in color. Take off flame and set aside.
- Take the Candyland cooking chocolates into a separate bowls and microwave them for 1 minute.
- Now dip the top of prepared donuts in the melted chocolates and sprinkle the toppings. Your donuts are ready.
- Preparation time: 10 mins Cooking time: 15 mins
- Serving: 4-5