We’re suckers for DIYs and absolutely anything that promises us clear, glowing skin and that too with natural ingredients. The dry Winter air and the unbearable smog can really take a toll on your skin. So prepare to feel all clean and exfoliated with this DIY scrub that is great for brightening and exfoliating your skin.
It’s a fairly simple mask.
- contains curcumin which has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that make it perfect for getting rid of any bacteria that causes acne & pimples.
- rich in antioxidants that can make skin look youthful (YES to anything that serves our anti-aging needs)
- can brighten and even out skin tone
- excellent exfoliator to get rid of dead skin cells
- serves as a mild cleanser too
Here’s the recipe:
Add half cup oats and 1.5 tbsp turmeric and blend them in a blender to achieve a powder consistency. Now add 2/3 tablespoons of yogurt (make sure you add just enough to achieve a scrub-like, thick texture) and squeeze half a lemon to the mixture.
And remember, if you’re lazy like us and only want to make the mixture once, remember that oats soak up water so the longer the mixture sits, the more thick it will become. So if you want to use the same mixture again, remember to add some water to it. Now mix, apply and see the difference after only one application!