Who doesn’t love popcorn? And the only thing that makes it better, is a bucket full of caramel. Whether you’re about to have a family night or you simply need something sweet to munch on, here’s this super easy recipe for homemade caramel popcorn:
- 10 cups popped popcorn (about 1/2 cup unpopped)
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Make popcorn and place in a large bowl. Be sure to get rid of all the unpopped kernels.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Then add the brown sugar and mix well. Continue stirring while you bring the mixture to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes without stirring.
- Once the 5 minutes are over, add the vanilla and baking soda. Mix well.
- Drizzle the caramel sauce over the popcorn in the bowl. Toss lightly to evenly coat the popcorn.
- Pour popcorn onto the wax paper lined cookie sheet and let cool.
The caramel popcorn is meant to be a little crunchy. So get ready for this super easy crunch munch!