Chicken roast is a fool proof dish that is loved by all ages, from kids to adults. The best part about this recipe is that it’s exploding with flavour and that unique pakistani food aroma that sets our food worlds apart from the rest! Here is what you’ll need:
A Whole chicken
1 tsp Vinegar
1 tsp Lemon juice
1 cup Yoghurt
Salt and Pepper , to taste
1 tsp Tumeric
1 tbsp Red Chilli Powder (less if you don’t like it spicy)
1 tsp Soy Sauce (optional)
1/2 cup Oil
Handful Onion, sliced
2-3 Tomatoes, chopped
- Make slashes with a knife on the chicken and rub vinegar and lemon on the entire chicken.
- In a seprate bowl, combine yoghurt, salt, pepper, tumeric, soy sauce and red chilli powder and mix.
- Pour this mixture over chicken, covering it completely. Leave to marinade for an hour.
- In a deep pan, heat oil and brown the onions until they’re golden. Add chopped tomatoes and teaspoon each salt,pepper, tumeric and red chilli powder (adjust all to taste)
- Add marinaded chicken along with leftover marinade and lightly fry.
- Reduce heat and cover pan for 1-2 hours, or until chicken is tender.
- Increase heat to cook up remaining sauce, until the oil seperates.
- Plate up and serve!
You will not find an easier or more flavourful roast recipe anywhere!