Freshly ground black pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp. freshly grated ginger
Thinly sliced green onions, for garnish
Toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
- Cook chow mein noodles according to package instructions and drain.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken and cook until golden and crispy, 7 to 8 minutes. Move chicken to one side of skillet, and to other side, add garlic, ginger, carrot, and cabbage and cook until tender, 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make sauce: In a medium bowl, whisk together broth, soy sauce, and oyster sauce.
- Pour sauce over skillet and add cooked noodles, tossing to combine.
- Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds before serving.
If you like that spicy kick in everything you eat, add a sprinkle of crushed chilli powder or slice up some whole green chillies and throw them in there! You can substitute the meat for any meat or even no meat, and can add whatever veggies you like as you go, which is the best part!