Have you always wanted to make a cake but can’t get the hang of the ins and outs of an oven? Now you can impress your friends and family by making this super simple Oreo cheesecake that requires absolutely no baking! Here’s what you’ll need:
for 6 servings
- 36 oreos
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 cups cream cheese(800 g)
- ⅓ cup sugar(65 g)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk(240 mL), warm
- 1 tablespoon gelatin
- Separate the cream from the oreos into 2 different bowls.
- Place the cookies into a plastic bag and crush them into fine crumbs with a rolling pin. Set aside ½ cup (50g) of the crumbs for later.
- Pour the cookie crumbs into a bowl and combine with the melted butter, mixing until the texture is like slightly wet sand.
- Press the cookie crumbs in an even layer into the bottom of a 9-inch (23 cm) springform pan. Set aside.
- In a medium pot over low heat, mix together the cream cheese, sugar, the cream from the cookies, and vanilla extract, stirring until there are no lumps.
- In a measuring cup, mix the milk with the gelatin until dissolved.
- Pour the milk into the cream cheese mixture, stirring constantly until the mixture starts to bubble slightly. Remove from heat.
- Pour the mixture over the cookie crust in the springform pan. Using a spatula or a spoon, smooth the top.
- Sift the saved cookie crumbs on top of the cheesecake in an even layer, then refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Unclasp the ring of the springform pan, slice, then serve!
A springfoam pan is optional. You can also make this in a glass dish or any container. Enjoy!