Summers are a great time to go out and enjoy the sunshine, but if you have oily skin, it gets difficult to have a good time. Oily skin in summer can make you feel uncomfortable and greasy, and can even lead to breakouts.
What should you do for oily skin in summer?
Here are some tips on how to make it look good and what remedies can be taken for oil control.
1. Wash your face frequently: In summer, you need to wash your face frequently to get rid of excess oil and dirt. Use a gentle cleanser that is specially formulated for oily skin. Avoid using hot water as it can strip away your skin’s natural oils and cause more oil production.
2. Use a toner: Toners help to remove any residual oil or dirt and also tighten your skin pores. Look for a toner that contains salicylic acid or witch hazel, as these ingredients can help control oil production.
3. Moisturize: Many people think that if they have oily skin, they don’t need to moisturize. But that’s not true. If you skip moisturizer, your skin will produce more oil to compensate for the lack of moisture. Look for a lightweight, oil-free moisturizer that won’t clog your pores.
4. Use blotting papers: Blotting papers are a lifesaver when it comes to controlling oily skin in summer. They help to absorb excess oil without disturbing your makeup. Keep a pack in your purse and blot whenever you feel your skin getting oily.
5. Use a mattifying primer: If you’re going to wear makeup in summer, use a mattifying primer underneath. It will help to control oil production and keep your makeup looking fresh for longer.
6. Avoid heavy, oil-based products: In summer, avoid heavy, oil-based products that can clog your pores and lead to breakouts. Instead, opt for lightweight, water-based products that won’t make your skin feel greasy.
7. Drink plenty of water: Drinking plenty of water is essential for healthy skin. It helps to flush out toxins from your body and keeps your skin hydrated. Aim for at least 8 glasses of water a day.
8. Use a clay mask: Clay masks are great for oily skin as they help to absorb excess oil and unclog your pores. Use a clay mask once a week to keep your skin looking fresh and clear.
Oily skin in summer can be frustrating, but with a few simple steps, you can keep it under control. Remember to wash your face frequently, use a toner, moisturize, use blotting papers, avoid heavy, oil-based products, drink plenty of water, and use a clay mask once a week. With these tips, you can enjoy the sunshine without worrying about oily skin.