Mango season has begun and let’s face it – there’s nothing quite like Pakistani mangoes: the flavour, the texture and even the smell of them – our mangoes are truly some of the best in the world. While you stay at home and avoid going outside, here’s a chance to make mango ice cream at home, without an ice cream maker. It’s delicious, creamy and doesn’t even have any preservatives. Make it for your kids or make it for yourself – you need it:
- 200 gram heavy cream or whipping cream
- 4 Cup ripe mango puree
- 1/2 Cup granulated white sugar
To prepare mango puree, dice the pulp of fresh mango into chunks. Blend it to a smooth puree along with sugar without using any water.
Whip the cream using a hand mixer till soft peaks form. You can use a stand mixer as well for the purpose.
Add mango puree in the whipped cream. Whisk using the hand blender or sptaula for 1 – 2 minutes or until well combined. Taste and if required add more sugar accordingly.
Pour the ice cream into a freezer friendly container with a lid. Freeze for 5 – 6 hours or until set.
Stand for 5 minutes to soften slightly, then scoop and serve!
- Adjust the amount of sugar according to the taste of the mango pulp.
- Do not use water to blend the mango pulp.
- Sweet, ripe, and aromatic mango is the best for making this ice cream.
- Do not mix the ice cream for too long after combining all the ingredients. Once mango puree combined with whipped cream, stop mixing.