Shaadi season has a way of making you feel like you need to shed some kilos, and FAST! This can lead you to adopting unhealthy diets that can be damaging for you in the long run. So if you’re looking into the following few diets, here’s why you need to STOP right now!
We bet you’ve seen several women and men around you shed several pounds with the Keto diet. And now you’re starting to consider it too. But here are the many risks and reasons why the Keto diet is not good for you:
- Most of the weight you’ll lose is water weight. So the weight loss is not only temporary and short lived, but is also unsustainable in the long run.
- Once your body enters ketosis, you also begin to lose muscle. You become extremely fatigued, and eventually enter starvation mode. Then it actually becomes even harder to lose weight. So after that, even if you eat a little, your body will store it as fat.
- Keto has been used in extreme cases with cancer patients in conjunction with chemotherapy to shrink tumors and to reduce seizures among people suffering from epilepsy.
- Keto can also damage the heart (which is also a muscle).
It might be effective in the short term, but it can prove to be extremely dangerous for your body.
One Meal a Day
According to experts and world class dog breeders, one meal a day is sufficient for a grown size dog. Now, the thought of applying the same meal plan for a human – ERROR 401. Here are all the reasons why eating only one meal a day can be bad for you:
- Extreme feelings of hunger
- brain fog
- feelings of weakness
- inability to concentrate
- binge eating
So before you decide to torture yourself with this diet, please know that this diet is not worth it. It will also slow your metabolism down which will make it extremely difficult to lose weight in the long run.
Under 500 calories
500 calories? A normal diet should consist of 2500 calories every day. So one can imagine why the 500 calorie diet is an extremely low and dangerous way of losing weight.
- It can lead to nutritional deficiencies.
- The possibility of gallstones forming in the gall bladder increase significantly.
- A low-fat diet also increases the risk of deficiencies of fat-soluble vitamins, such as vitamin E, and poor absorption of antioxidants.
- Muscle loss which can practically affect all organs of the body too.
- It can also result in a decrease in bone health.
While we understand that people resort to these diets for cosmetic reasons, we urge you to love yourself enough to adopt healthy means of weight loss and to not end up damaging your insides in order to fit into a dress.