With the coronavirus spreading like the pandemic that it is, it has struck fear into the hearts of every citizen in the world. But let’s not forget that amid the chaos and the rising numbers, there are some amazing events taking place all over the world that show us that hope is on the horizon.
- A 103 year old Chinese grandmother has survived the battle against Coronavirus – making her the eldest survivor against the virus – giving hope that people over 60 also have a fighting chance.
- The world’s youngest coronavirus patient, a newborn who was likely infected shortly after birth is said to be “out of danger” and recovering well.
- China built up 14 crisis bases within weeks of the killer flu tearing through the country, but have successfully closed all of them now. China is on a quick path to recovery.
- Doctors in India have been successful in treating the virus. SMS medical college principal and controller, Dr Sudhir Bhandari said: “We provided her treatment following standard protocol and now she has tested negative for the disease, which is a major achievement for SMS Hospital doctors.”
- Scientists have found an antibody against coronavirus. Researchers at Rotterdam and Utrecht University say they have discovered an antibody that can fight off an infection from coronavirus. The discovery could lead to not only an antiviral medication, but the opportunity for people to test themselves at home – which would save thousands of valuable hours for health services.
- All Apple stores (all 42 of them) in China have reopened.
- The Cleveland Clinic has got their hands on new tech that will turn around coronavirus tests in just eight hours, instead of 2 days.
- Cases are also declining in South Korea now.
- Scientists in Quebec have produced a “virus-like particle” which they hope will help to create a vaccine.
- Scientists all over the world are working day and night to create a vaccine that will help stop the spread of the virus.
- Over in Chicago, the Shedd Aquarium took advantage of its empty halls to let a couple of rockhopper penguins roam free:
So if you, or someone you know, feels like there is no hope in this, show them these amazing strides that the world is making in attempts of treating and stopping the spread of the virus. Don’t lose hope. This too shall pass.