Be it Tom Hanks or our very own Sindh governor, Imran Ismail, recovered patients have been donating their plasma to help critical COVID-19 patients recover. There is no guarantee that plasma therapy works a 100% but it has yielded a positive response in many patients.
Zafar Mirza, Special Assistant to Prime Minister on Health shared a list of health and blood centers on Tuesday where recovered Coronavirus patients can donate their plasma.
“Government allowed some time ago a clinical trial on plasma therapy which is yielding encouraging results according to the investigators,” tweeted Dr Mirza along with a list of centres.
<317> Govt allowed sometime ago a clinical trial on plasma therapy which is yielding encouraging results according to the investigators. COVID-19 recovered patients can donate plasma at the following centers: pic.twitter.com/zGmFRJInst
— Zafar Mirza (@zfrmrza) June 9, 2020
The list includes:
- Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences in Islamabad
- Rawalpindi Medical University
- Hayatabad Medical Complex in Peshawar
- Khwaja Safdar Medical College Hospital in Sialkot
- University of Health Sciences in Lahore
- Pakistan Kidney Liver Institute in Lahore
- Regional Blood Centre Sukkur
- People’s University of Medical and Health Sciences in Nawabshah
If you wish to learn more about plasma therapy, click here: https://sunday.com.pk/lifestyle/can-plasma-therapy-treat-covid-19-heres-everything-you-need-to-know/