Home » Creamy Garlic Mushroom Chicken
This recipe is perfect for the days you are craving something delicious and decadent. Pair it with rice, pasta, or mashed potatoes, you’ll be a big hit at your next dinner party with this easy peasy creamy garlic mushroom chicken:
For The Chicken:
- 1 1/2 pounds (700g) boneless skinless chicken thighs (around 6-8 fillets)
- 1 teaspoon each onion powder and garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each of dried thyme and rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
For The Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces (250 g) sliced brown mushrooms
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (or 1 tablespoon minced garlic)
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon each of dried thyme and dried rosemary (adjust to your taste)
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream / thickened cream (evaporated milk or half and half)*
- 1/2 cup fresh shredded parmesan cheese
- Pat chicken thighs dry with paper towel and trim off excess fat. Combine the onion powder, garlic powder, herbs, salt and pepper. Coat the chicken evenly with the combined seasoning.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat and sear chicken thighs in batches until browned on each side and no longer pink in centre (about 8 minutes each side, depending on thickness). Add remaining oil if needed for second batch. Transfer to a plate; set aside and keep warm.
- To the same pan or skillet, melt the butter and add the mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper and cook until soft (about 3 minutes). Add the garlic, parsley, thyme and rosemary; sauté until fragrant (about 1 minute).
- Stir in cream, bring to a simmer, then reduce heat and continue cooking until sauce has thickened slightly. Stir in the parmesan cheese and allow it to melt through the sauce for a further 2 minutes, while occasionally stirring.
Return chicken to the pan. Taste test and season with salt and pepper to your taste. Garnish with fresh parsley. Serve immediately.
*You CAN use fresh herbs if you have them! 2 teaspoons each of fresh herbs is fine. If you don’t like Thyme or Rosemary, substitute with Basil and Oregano, or use Tarragon. **Heavy or thickened cream is used for low carb/high fat purposes. If counting calories and/or fat macros instead, use evaporated milk, reduced fat cream or half and half.