Onions don’t just make our eyes watery or add flavour to our dishes, they also have some magical properties for your hair. Now we all know how important it is for us girls to have shiny, long hair without any bald patches or receding hairline issues. So the question remains, does using onion juice on hair work? Yes.
Using onion juice is a sure-shot method to boosting hair growth and promoting hair regrowth.
Why Does Using Onion Juice Work:
- Onion juice helps improve hair growth by boosting the level of an antioxidant enzyme catalase. This enzyme helps decompose hydrogen peroxide, optimizing the hair growth cycle.
- It helps nourish your hair follicles with its rich content of sulfur. Sulfur is essential for the regeneration of your hair follicles.
- The rich sulfur content also helps minimize hair thinning and breakage.
- The antioxidants help reverse premature graying and delay graying.
- Onion’s rich antibacterial properties help keep your scalp healthy and free of infection, promoting unhindered hair growth. These same properties also help control dandruff.
- Onion juice stimulates your scalp and improves the circulation of blood, resulting in it follicles that are well-nourished.
How to Use It:
1 tbsp onion juice
1 cotton pad
Saturate a cotton pad with the onion juice. Use the saturated cotton pad to dab your scalp with the onion juice. Once your entire scalp is covered, massage your scalp for a couple of minutes. Leave the juice on for about 15 minutes to an hour. Wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
What Can You Do About the Smell?
If the smell of onions really bothers you, you can mix the onion juice with rose water to do away with the strong smell. Try it and let us know if it works for you just as well as it worked for us.