It’s the perfect weather for some delicious home cooked Gajar ka Halwa. Here’s a real simple recipe to get you sorted:
- Carrot shredded 2 kg
- Milk 1 litre
- Solid milk (khoya) 250 grams
- Sugar 1 cup
- Kewra essence few drops
- Clarified butter 4 tbsp
- Dry fruit as required
- Pour milk in a pan and cook the carrots in it till milk is dry.
- Add sugar in it and stir fry until the sugar water dissolves.
- Now add clarified butter and stir fry till the butter comes on top.
- Add solid milk (khoya) and dry fruit in it and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Now mix kewra essence in it and dish it out.
- Top it with solid milk and dry fruit to your liking. Serve warm!