Gene Wilder, a name synonymous with movies like Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory, The Producers, Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein, has passed away at the age of 83 after complications arose from his Alzheimer’s Disease. However, he continues to live on through his iconic roles.
â€œThe decision to wait until this time to disclose his condition wasnâ€™t vanity, but more so that the countless young children that would smile or call out to him, â€˜thereâ€™s Willy Wonka,â€™ would not have to be then exposed to an adult referencing illness or trouble and causing delight to travel to worry, disappointment or confusion,â€ Wilderâ€™s nephew, Jordan Walker-Pearlman, said in a statement, according to Variety. â€œHe simply couldnâ€™t bear the idea of one less smile in the world.â€
Here are 5 moments that made us fall in love with Gene Wilder and are definitely worth re-watching:
- “Pure Imagination” – Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory
- â€œItâ€™s pronounced â€˜Fronkensteen’â€ -Young Frankenstein
- “Play Chess” – Blazing Saddles
- The Sheep Scene – “He committed an adulterous act with a sheep”.
- “Get on the bull” – Stir Crazy